Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Quick Intro

Hello all!

I just joined and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Venka and I live in Concord, CA, about 25 miles east of San Francisco. I have been knitting for over 20 years. I started charity knitting last year, and have found it very gratifying. I have participated in the Think Pink Project, the 2007 Red Scarf Project, and Caps to the Capital/Save the Children Foundation.

I have been knitting chemo caps for several months, and my goal is 36. I am over halfway there. I am also about to start on a couple of projects for Afghans for Afghans and Afghans for Kenyans. I am finishing up a group of snuggle blankets for the Animal Rescue Foundation.

My initial goal was to work just from stash, but it didn't quite work out the way I wanted, especially with the chemo caps. However, after having input all my stash into a spreadsheet, I can now honestly say I have no excuse NOT to work from stash.

I look forward to adding my contributions to this group.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hi Venka! I'm new here too. I joined last week. It sounds like we create for a lot of the same charities! I also donate locally, so I haven't had a chance to make anything for Afghans for Afghans yet. Nice to meet you!

Mary Lewis, Ph.D. said...

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you are very busy. I wish I could do caps -- my main project is afghans (the back and forth is so easy) for Project Linus. Glad to see you here! :)

Real Life Mad Man said...

Welcome welcome! So glad you found us, and I hope you enjoy it here.

If you have any pictures of those caps, we'd love to see 'em (and count 'em) :D

If you have any questions, ask away, and you'll probably get 10 people answering. At least three will give you the same answer though, so that's pretty good :) Can't wait to see your work!