Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Making progress

I contacted ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) last week, and now I have a local resource for snuggle blankets. I was able to use 1900 yards of not quite pretty yellow yarn to make 6 blankets. I have pulled out a box of acrylic yarn, and will be making some more blankets, squares for Warm Up America and also some Wool Ease squares for Rebuilding Greensburg outreach program. At least I know I can utilize a couple of boxes of yarn that were going to languish for quite some time to come.

I also have to make some progress on chemo caps, as I have yarn for about 10-12 more. I also looked into The Ships Project, since my Dad was a retired seaman (30 years), and served as a merchant marine in WWII, in the South Pacific and with Atlantic convoys. He loved knitted caps, and one of the last things I made him before he passed away was a wool blend cap that he wore to bed every night. So, in his memory, I will be knitting caps for our service men and women. Regardless of how people feel about what's going on, our service personnel need to know that we still care about them.

I'm going to see if I can get at least 6 charity items finished for June. I will update when I have dropped off the snuggle blankets with ARF. I want to get at least two more done before I go.

Happy knitting, everyone!

Venka

Check out my blog here.

2 comments:

Real Life Mad Man said...

Wow! Looks like you are going to be busy busy busy! Can't wait to see everything! :)

I will wait to tally until you post your blankets.

Mary Lewis, Ph.D. said...

WOW! That is some amazing work. I love yellow. :)