Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Saturday, June 30, 2007

Calling All Knitters For Some Good Help

Hey folks! I have just started a new project, to try to warm up the homeless in the city I live in, Winchester, VA, this winter coming.

Warm Up Winc

I know that we're all busy knitting for various charities, but when my mom (who works for the city government), told me that we had THREE tent cities last year, I just had to do something. And I thought that I would enlist some of ya'll to help, if you're up to it.

My goal right now is small, but I'm thinking of holding a few contests as well for insentive, for those who join up. And, ya know, to make it fun!

So please, go check it out!

1 comment:

Real Life Mad Man said...

That is a great idea. Thank you for posting that project here within the community. I'm sure you'll get a lot of takers. In fact, perhaps you could just simply start up a program called "Warm up your town" so that people could focus on their hometowns as well.

There was a major hub-bub in Cleveland a little while ago because a whole tent city was cleared away from the football stadium, allegedly because a national soccer tournament was coming to town :-s