Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Friday, June 15, 2007

And you think our goals are crazy!

So I signed up to receive a few updates from the folks that are running for president. The most recent e-mail I received stated something along the lines of needing to raise 2.3 million dollars in 2 weeks. Yowzer.

Which is to say I do not feel so guilty about throwing a couple more goals onto the giant 10 foot goal-cake that funfairiegirl baked for us. Consider these kind of...Summer goals I guess.

1) A website. We know that cacunai will be getting started on this soon. Based on the reactions the name "homespun helpers" received, I think that is what we are going to go with. I know a couple of you were not especially excited about the name and I do apologize. We will strive to work other ideas into the pages of the website, as I have said before. So, step one...buy domain name Homespunhelpers.org.

2) Revise the tags once we are assured of having that name. Made by Homespun Helpers.

3) Revise the blogspot blog address to be HomespunHelpers.blogspot.com. Hopefully that isn't taken :)

4) Apart from these webby type goals, I also would like to make a *gasp* non-internet suggestion. I would like to see Homespun Helpers start creeping into the "real world" with get-togethers among our members...or get-togethers started by our members and attended by others. I don't know where we are all clustered...I think there are a few people in Columbus, Ohio. There are some San Franciscans, I do believe. I would love it if we could become a grassroots real-life organization as well as an internet organization. Let us know if you have a get-together like this and how it went. This could also segue into folks volunteering to be collection points for other crafters...that person could post the pictures, do the mailing, etc. After all, when we become a force to be reckoned with...we are going to need regional offices :)

So those are some thoughts I have rolling around in my head. Let me know what you think.

No comments: