Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Saturday, June 30, 2007

I don't even know what makes you all as awesome as you are

I think it must extend beyond pee at this point. Maybe even beyond Richard Simmons. *gasp*

So, I have to tell you all, I did not think we had any shot of making our goal of 1200. It's the weekend before July 4th...heck, even I'm busy this weekend. Been busy, in fact. I have to say that had we stuck at 1100 or so like where we were this MORNING, I would still have been pleased as punch. Funfairiegirl and I discussed at length whether the goal for 6/30/07 should be 1,000 or 1,200. We decided on 1,200 knowing that 1,000 still would be like, the coolest thing ever.

Today, I had a family outing. I left my apartment at oh, about 4:30. I tallied some beautiful jewelry by eliseamelie and some gorgeous squares by gypsyamaranta. I think we were at 1,115 when I left. I figured we might get pretty *close* to 1200, but I REALLY did not think we'd make it.

I definitely did not think that we'd whup its butt.

I know that these comments are meant mostly for summaries, but June 2007 will always hold a special place in my heart, not only because this group finished its 1000th item, but also because we exceeded yet another goal during what is one of the busiest months/times of the year. Please reflect on what you have contributed and feel really really really good about yourselves. Seriously.

To quote Wayne's World, "I promised myself I wasn't going to cry!"

Oh, and if you want to know what this group accomplished during the time that I was out having a good time...117 items. In about 7 hours. Yeah, that's how awesome you all are.

No comments: