Total in 2007 so far: 336
We've exceeded the goal of 300 by the end of April! And here's how we did it:
The American Cancer Society got two scarves for the Bridgewater's Relay for Life raffle in June, from xpiscesgrl227x and five hats from arian_diana.
New Borns in Need got a blanket, two cardigans and a hat from lindsoriah.
The Lowell Wish Project got a blanket for one of their baskets from _fakewings_.
The Dulaan Project got eight pairs of socks (2 + 6) from jpettibone, a child's hat and a baby hat from death_by_yarn and a beret by sen_ichi_rei.
Head Huggers got 11 chemo hats (4 + 3 + 4) from theonlyevidence
A local animal shelter got five blankets from eowyn_ulysses and
another received two afghans (1 + 1) from arian_diana.
A local YWCA got six scarves and eight hats from eowyn_ulysses.
afghans for Afghans got three hats and five pairs of socks from nehnhaa, a pair of socks and a hat from twotone, a hat from annilita, a hat from death_by_yarn and two baby hats from
The Warm Up American Community Blanket drive got 45 squares (5 + 1 + 2 + 8 + 3 + 3 + 2 +2 + 1 + 12) from twotone, jellybellygirl, death_by_yarn, doclegs, Priscilla, joriejc2 and crazigriffen and funfairiegirl and crazigriffen also finished the first blanket from the community square drive squares.
A local homeless women's home got another five scarves from joriejc2.
Project Linus got two blankets from crazigriffen, a big granny square blanket from doclegs a blanket by Priscilla.
The University of Maryland NIC Unit got ten preemie hats from robin_andersen.
A school fundraiser received two bags by mmeblue.
A local Helping Hands chapter got five purses from arian_diana.
A charity auction got an afghan from doclegs.
Project Hokie Help got five quilted squares from mmeblue.
The Mary Read Memorial KAL got a scarf from sen_ichi_rei and seven scarves from funfairiegirl.
The Mosaic Yarn Store's square drive received two squares from theonlyevidence.
Items untallied and looking for a home are: A small blanket from joriejc2 and a baby hat by arian_diana.
Other items of interest from April:
We've started making squares as a community for a blanket in the colors of Virginia Tech to donate in memory of the victims of the shootings. We've already got some squares (2+ 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1). In addition, people have been donating items to other collections.
joriejc2 has set more goals - to hit 750 by the end of June and to get Project Sunshine for May sorted out.
leftygirl02 has some yarn available to a good home.
emmiegrey had a question about donating money
- Knitting for Virginia Tech - in memory of the shootings at VT this month, this community is aiming to make items for incoming freshmen.
- Mary Read Memorial KAL - a knit-a-long in memory of Mary Read, a knitter who was killed in the VT shootings.
- Project Hokie Help - loooking for quilt squares and supplies to make quilts for the families of those who died at the VT shootings.
- Reach Out to Virginia Tech with Knit and Crochet is asking for 8x8 knit or crochet squares for making blankets for the victim's families.
- The Mosaic Yarn Store is also holding a square drive.
- 25 things for Charity - along similar lines to our community, this lot are aiming at personal goals and making 25 items each for charity.
- joriejc2's myspace page has gone Charity.
- Share Our Strength is holding the Great American Bake Sale for the bakers out there.
- Lots of links to charities supporting soldiers can be found here and here
- Lots of car related crafting, just for fun.
January 2007 - 21
February 2007 - 33
March 2007 - 121