Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Sunday, May 13, 2007

But...what happens after 3,000?

It occurred to me today that I should kind of suggest that this community will not end once we reach 3,000. But you may well ask, "What happens when we reach that goal?" (Notice I don't use the word if:D)

When we cross that bridge, we will as a community probably set another number goal.

But I'll tell you what my big big big super-huge dream is.

My dream is that we will become kind of a sourcing station for established charities. Not exclusive, because everyone's donations and contributions are obviously valuable, whether or not they are in this group. But I imagine a scenario where, for instance, a natural disaster has occurred and Warm Up America wants to send a ton of afghans to that area. Wouldn't it be great if they could contact Crafting for a Cause and say, "Hey, can you guys work on getting us x # of afghans as soon as you can?" Or, we could start stock-piling...this is way way in the future. But that's kind of the ultimate, OHMYGODICANDIENOW goal that I have for this group.

Obviously, there are a lot of steps that would need to happen for things to get to that point. We'd need some sort of stable contact information. Probably an actual website. Stuff like that. But that is my dream. With so many talented, productive, and dedicated people, I feel that we could really offer a lot in terms of supporting charities that would need a lot of specific things.

If any of you have any thoughts, negative or positive, please feel free to let me know. Or if you would like to see this group achieve other sorts of goals, post those as well! It's anarchy!!!

No comments: