Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Saturday, May 26, 2007

An Update and Stuff

If any of you obsess over goals and how many items we have donated so far, you might notice that our number suddenly jumped up by 45. "quickstitch" got together with a couple of friends and the three of them created 45 snuggles for the snuggles project (more info at her post). Thank you so much for all of your hard work, including posting pattern information and all of that. Very very cool!

I went back and found the post I did regarding whether you want items posted to myspace. It is now the top tag. If you could do me the favor and answer that post, i will use that as my reference as to whether I should/can post your pictures on our myspace profile page. Again, I use your livejournal name when I tag the pictures over there. Even if you have responded before, it would be a big help if you could respond one more time so that I have everybody's responses there.

As May comes to a close this coming week, I have to say that this month has been pretty darned incredible, and the lj spotlight is only like, 10th on the list. The encouragement we have gotten from people not in this community, the connections that have been made, the wonderful new and enthusiastic members that have joined us...*sniff* It's enough to make me weepy. And I'm not even going to talk about the fact that our goal of reaching 750 items by the end of June is almost becoming laughable as more and more items get completed and donated every day.

We have some exciting projects going on, with folks doing big pushes still for the Mary Read KAL, Ronald McDonald House, and our own new Project Bag O'Sunshine.

In other words, party on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.

No comments: