Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Friday, February 27, 2009

Making More, Moving


More to report!

The first item is a wool scarf that will be accompanying the two wool hats to AfA. Though I'm more comfortable crocheting snuggly items, I've tried my hand at knitting. I'm not very quick and I can't do much more than make things that have right angles, I only know the two stitches, knit and purl, and I had to relearn how to bind off (thank goodness for Internet-based videos). In the end, I have two scarves to show for it. The second one's destination is TBD, but I'm sure I'll find a home for it.

In other news, I'm moving to Ventura, California in a week's time. My partner, Dave, got a job down there and starts on the 9th of March. Though it feels like we just moved to Portland (last June), the crappy job market (nearly 9% unemployment rate in the city) wasn't doing us any favors so he started looking elsewhere. He just accepted the job offer last week and we're moving in a week, so it's frantic around here; I'm still working 30-hours/week at the bakery, but we're making it happen. We're living in a sea of boxes, but we're excited about the move.

Anyway, I wanted to post these photos and update you before I disappear for a bit while we're getting relocated and settled. I hope to get back to it all very soon.

2 comments:

Real Life Mad Man said...

Hey there Mia,

good luck on the move!

I'm counting 4 items here...I try to only count items once they are headed for a definite destination. Once you decide where you are sending scarf #2, let me know and I shall tally-ho :)

Mary Lewis, Ph.D. said...

Those are GREAT items!!! Love the hats.