Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hello! My name is Mia and I'm a crocheter. And a knitter... ("hello, Mia")
A ladybug introduced me to her site and I'm so excited to help all you crafty people meet the goal of helping the world !
My first few items are in the photos. In total, I believe, I have nine items. The two puff-ball-sporting hats are wool and are, therefore, for Afghans for Afghans.
Because I like the idea of 'local' and I am currently a resident of The City of Roses, I'm going to send the scarf/earwarmer set as well as the five hats (below) to Warmth for Washington.

Next on my 'to do' list is a Leprosy Bandage; I will complete it but it's proving to be a challenge so I'm interspersing other projects to give my eyes and tiny hand muscles a break.

Anyway, that's my gig. I'm excited to be here with you all. Hoping to post more photos of pictures, soon. Who knows, maybe there's a full-length, beautifully-edged, perfectly-wound bandage photo in all our futures.

2 comments:

Real Life Mad Man said...

Thanks!!! :) And welcome (officially).

Off to log that ninth hat!

Matthew said...

You go Mia! You are the perfect model (both figuratively and literally!) of compassion!