Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Thursday, August 2, 2007

My July Update

The last few weeks have been very hectic around my house, since we're down to just one car. My husband was involved in an accident on his way home, the other driver merged into him. Husband is fine, the car was totaled. So, for the time being, I have to pick up the slack. I just feel very blessed that he sustained very little trauma. Of course, I want to fuss and he certainly hasn't complained.

I have had ample opportunity to knit while waiting for him at the train, doctor's office and therapy. I did a couple of things for myself, but mostly I dedicated this time to charity knitting.

After the square challenge was over, I still did 3 more for Warm Up America.

I also did 3 hats for children as well as a pair of socks that will go to Afghans for Afghans.

I completed 1 hat for the Ship's Project.

I completed 1 scarf for the Red Scarf Project.

I complete 1 preemie hat.

I completed 1 - 36" by 36" Snuggle blanket for ARF.

I completed about 2/3rd's of a prayer shawl that I am sending to a chaplain at Walter Reed. I also have another hat on the needles that will be going to Afghans for Afghans.

Not a bad month. And I did two pairs of socks for myself!

I will certainly work on some items for the August "challenge".

Have a good month everyone!

Venka

2 comments:

Mary Lewis, Ph.D. said...

Awesome job!!

Real Life Mad Man said...

I am so sorry to hear about the accident, but I am very relieved that your husband is okay.