Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hey, I have a question for ya

How much would you be willing to spend on beautiful yarn like this??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Me? I'd be willing to pay $10-15 for sure.

Well, as it happens, this very yarn is one of the prizes you can win if you donate to Funfairiegirl's lupus walk!! For every $5 you donate, your name gets put into a raffle, and let me tell you, if you think this prize is beautiful...it has some VERY good company.

So, let's do the math. We could all go to our own respective stores or online funspots and buy yarn for $10-15, which would be great, for sure, but we wouldn't have that warm fuzzy feeling afterwards. OR, we could donate maybe part or all of that skein of money to the lupus walk, and we might win the yarn anyway! Of course, if you really want to guarantee that you have something tangible out of this apart from a cure for lupus, you could always donate 2 skeins worth of money just to be sure.

Funfairiegirl will be entering people into her raffle until October 6th and the drawing will be October 7, so there is still some time for you to sneak on over there. Go visit Her blog to learn more and to link to her donation site. Be sure to scroll down to see pictures of all of the amazing prizes you could win! And remember, it's all for an excellent, excellent cause :)

4 comments:

Priscilla said...

Is this the contest you wanted me to post about? I've been offline all week, so I will post as soon as I get a chance.

Real Life Mad Man said...

Heya...no, you had posted about a contest you were crocheting for in your own blog...I think it was the scarf contest... :)

Priscilla said...

Sorry - I didn't stop to reread the post you attached your comment to. Things have been a little hectic this past week! Anyway, I have posted about Dee's comment here now as well.

Unknown said...

It is a excellent yarn I had never see such a good and colorful one before It's worth paying $10- 15.I want to Win this yarn hope lam lucky enough to get this yarn. Thank you.