Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Sunday, September 9, 2007

Help me find a Cure for Lupus!

As I have been saying, I am doing the Lupus Walk fundraiser again this year. Woohoo! For all my knitterly friends, I am having a thank you drawing. For every $5 you donate to the walk, I will put your name in a hat and draw for some FABULOUS prizes!!!! Those Prizes will be posted here over the coming weeks. So far there is fiber, jewelry, sock blockers, project bags!

I am so excited to be able to do this for everyone as a thank you for helping me work to find a cure - because lupus sucks!!!! Seriously.

So, go to my Lupus Walk page and click on Make a Gift! In the comments, put podcast or blog or something that tells me you came from here (cause I have family and friends who don't care a bit about getting fun stuff (shocking I KNOW!!!!) so I am not including those non-knitting souls in the fun (more for you!!!!!!!!!)

My goal this year is to raise $5000. I think that is totally doable. The walk is on October 6. All donations must be received by then.

Now...for the first prize that was donated and you could win...These are the Turtle Daddy Sock Blockers available at Turtlegirl76's etsy shop. The pictured pair are the large women's/medium men's, however I am not entirely sure which size/color combo is being donated - we chatted about it this weekend, but never settled on it because, well, we were busy buying yarn!!!


I chose this particular color/size to show them off though, because I happened to paint this pair. That's right. This fairie also paints sock blockers (in exhange for vodka and stitch markers - I am easy, what can I say???)

So - go check out what else Cristi has to offer and stay tuned for more items to come!!!

Some Lupus facts:
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease in which a person's immune system mistakenly attacks the body's own tissue.
Lupus can cause life-threatening damage to major organs such as the kidneys, lungs, heart and central nervous system.Lupus is the leading cause of death among women with autoimmune diseases who are in their childbearing years (ages 15-45).
Women are five times more likely to die from lupus than men, and African Americans are three times more likely to die from lupus than caucasians.

That's right, folks, LUPUS KILLS!!! Yeah, I look fine right now, but I hurt and this stupid disease kills! Help me find a cure!!!

1 comment:

Real Life Mad Man said...

Thanks for posting this here, dear!