Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hello fellow helpers

Hey all,

It's gotten quiet again, so just thought I'd post and see what y'all are up to. I finished my first ever cardigan, and apart from the fact that the gauge is so wrong it's not even funny even though I used a crochet hook 3 sizes larger than what the pattern called for, it's great! I think I used a yarn that was too heavy, so the pattern didn't stay light and airy. At least that's my story.

I also want to tell you all about a story I saw on the NBC Nightly News last night. Perhaps you saw it too. Anyway, it was about a group called Voices of September 11th, and the things these folks are doing are just beautiful. If you go to http://www.voicesofsept11.org you will see what I am talking about, but basically this website is collecting stories and biographies and items of/from people who died on 9/11, and they are also trying to help the families and survivors.

I e-mailed the founder this morning to see if we could help. The site has an online store and I thought perhaps we could donate red, white, and blue afghans or something like that that she could sell to help support her work. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the Fall...here where I live, the weather quite suddenly became cool and crisp!

No comments: