Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Saturday, March 15, 2008

Update and an idea

Okay peeps,

It's March 15, and even though March has 31 days, we're going to say that this is the half-way point of the month.

So, how we doing?

It's been a great month so far but I wanna see more squares, more mittens, and well, more fun, durn it.

Also, today was the deadline to get stuff to Jezebel in San Fran for the "how many people can we dress" drive. Wuwu!

I had an idea and I wondered if someone would want to run with it. No no, don't run away just yet :)

I was thinking maybe we could make something that could be given to people doing the Susan Komen 3 day Breast Cancer walk. The walks are taking place in various cities around the country starting in early August and lasting till around early September. I was thinking we could make a ton of pink fun fur scarves, or wrist warmers, or something so that they could remember the occasion.

Would someone want to contact the foundation and see what you could find out? Just a thought.

Keep in mind the next "how many people can we dress" drive will end around June 1st. Let's talk about where stuff is going...I don't feel like all of it should go to my local drive cuz I would feel bad. Please post with thoughts.

Also, we've had some new folks join us recently. Give them a warm welcome :)

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Thanks to being sick this past week, and my inlaws being sick the week before, I missed today's deadline for HMPCWD. However, I am already working on some items for June. Amy just posted on her own blog about Warm Up Winchester. She would really like to get more items in this year. So maybe that could be one of our donation points, again, in addition to your location.

Real Life Mad Man said...

Thanks for posting about that!

I'm sorry to hear you are sick or have been sick. That seems to be going around. Crazy bleeping weather!