Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!! I have a really good feeling about 2009 for whatever reason. I'm just going to ride with it, at least until I go back to work next week :)

So, you're all probably wondering what our final count was for 2008. That would be 3,433!!!!! Crazigriffen was our final poster :)

You're all also probably wondering what our McDonald's burger count is (otherwise known as how many items total we've now made over just 2 years.

That would be 6,634!! Wooooo!!!!

Just incredible.

If we reach our goal of 4,000 this year, or come really close, we will succeed in making 10,000 items in just 3 years, which is hard to believe!

Starting today, if you make anything and post it, you will be entered into a monthly drawing to win a skein of yarn of your choice (within reason). Any item gets you into the drawing, whether it's a square or an afghan, but you only get entered once, no matter how many items you make :)

I've changed the look of both livejournal and blogspot a bit. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Let's go kick some 2009 butt! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

robyn here - that warm with love link doesn't work anymore - if you still want to link to a charity list, like that one was, i've moved a lot of it over to http://craftivist.typepad.com/charitylist/

Sandy said...

The Warm up Winchester blog link maybe should be changed? Since that blog isn't being used. Could you add the link to my bridge project to the list?

Thought you might want to add the links to The Rav and The Yahoo groups where you have the Live Journal and Myspace links.

Impressive numbers for the last 2 years and looking forward to our current goal for 2009.

Happy New Year and Happy Stitching one and all.
Sandy

Sandy said...

Cruising through some links this am and wonder if both Virg. Tech and Mary R Mem links should be deleted? Neither blog appears to be active? I remember wondering that when I first joined Homespun, as they both appeared to be a one shot type of event?

Sandy

Real Life Mad Man said...

Thank you for the great suggestions! I think I got everything :) I can't link to our Ravelry group, unfortunately, but I have Ravelry listed.

Priscilla said...

I like the new look a lot. (I haven't been over the LJ yet this morning.)

I also think that 2009 is going to be a great year, regardless of what the economy does.

Anonymous said...

i think the archive you wirte is very good, but i think it will be better if you can say more..hehe,love your blog,,,