Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Monday, June 15, 2009

Blankets for Buddies

Happy Monday to us all.
Really.
So, yesterday, running errands, I came across a new (to me), local (San Dimas- 60 miles away) organization for which we can make stuff. It's called Blankets for Buddies (http://www.blankets4buddies.org/index.htm) and they distribute blankets (used or new) and towels to keep chilly shelter animals warm during the wet and chilly months. I think there's a national organization similar to this and maybe it's already on the radical resource lists that are already floating around among our crafters, but this is local and I can facilitate drop-offs/donations, if you are interested.
In addition to blankets, they also collect towels. A friend of mine collects old and worn-out towels from hospital facilities and donates the would-have-ended-up-in-the-landfill towels to shelters. It's not crafty, per-se, but it's part of the B4B program.
Is anybody interested in making blankets for these little fuzzies? I would be more than happy to facilitate drop-offs, if you want to mail things to me, here, in Cali.
I'm planning to participate. Are you?

3 comments:

Real Life Mad Man said...

any size or material recommendations?

miaosherow said...

Not that I can tell from their website. I'm emailing Jennifer now, though, to get details.

Real Life Mad Man said...

Cool!