Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Idea for April

Hey everybody,

Alright, I apologize for my April Fool's prank...nothing, in fact, could be further from the proof (although getting 4,000 items done by 6/1 would TOTALLY rock!). Hehee :)

Ehem.

Now then, I have an idea for April.

You know how sometimes celebrities will go on game shows and will play for a charity of their choice? This idea is kind of based on that.

What I would like to do is set up teams who will all be making stuff for a certain charity (i.e. the Caron Square Contest, HMPCWD, Afghans for Afghans, whatever), and we'll have a race to see which charity gets the most stuff after a month. We as a group will pledge 50 items next month to the charity that wins.

What do you think?

Comment here with your charity of choice...I'll leave this open till Thursday night, and on Friday I'll post the various teams. My items won't be counted in the contest since I'm the mediator :)

In terms of numbers for April, we're shooting for 2,000 by the end of June, and right now we're just under 900. Why don't we try to get to 1200 by the end of April? Think we can do it?

Post here, all ye who dare :)

No comments: