Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Sunday, May 25, 2008

Reminders from the Reminder Store

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all having pleasant, introspective, extroverted holiday weekends. Here where I live, we've actually had three glorious weather days in a row, so everyone is in a little bit of shock. Hopefully the weather will continue in this mode and our shock will wear off :)

So, yes. Reminders and updates and what-not.

Regional Summer Contest starts tomorrow. Remember, any items you post can count towards the regional contest as well as the Personal Achievement Contest . Jezebel will count items in a fair fashion, so making 2,000 crocheted bookworms, while wonderful, won't necessarily earn your team 2,000 points :) If you want me to create tags for your respective teams, just let me know. In the meantime, tag your entries "regional summer contest" or some such.

Personal Achievement Contest continues until December, so make sure, if you are playing, that you tag your entries appropriately. You are competing for some glorious knitting (or crocheting) gift baskets.

Preemie hat contest run by Robyn is going till June 1, although I've asked if she could extend the deadline a bit. Send all preemie hats to her and you could win a $50 Amazon gift card!

Local HMPCWD Drive: I'm still collecting stuff for the local women's shelter in honor of my uncle for my dad's birthday. I did a lot of hand washing this weekend and am almost all caught up! I'll be accepting things probably up to June 10....let me know if/when you send stuff if it's already been washed and blocked, because at this point, if I don't have to wash it.......I won't :)

Afghans for Angels goal is going to be extended until July 1. Although you all did a marvelous job this month and our count is 14 afghans thus far (or 11 if Ninja says we absolutely should not count her three), 50 was a pretty ridiculous goal for me to set, in retrospect. So, we will have another whole month to get to that big 50. Then it will be too hot to even look at blankets :)

I would like to point out to everyone that we are already at 1,480 items or so, which is awesomely close to our halfway marker of 2,000 items. Now that is cause for joy during this somber holiday. Y'all rock. Let me just say it again!

No comments: