Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Monday, July 16, 2007

We have a winner!!!

Yes, folks, we have a winner! treehugger06 posted a total of 120 sqaures for the Squares Contest. Now, as the winner treehugger 06 needs to let me know which one of the following places to purchase the GC at and where to send it (if I can send it online I need email, otherwise snail mail): Joann Fabrics, Michaels, The Loopy Ewe, Webs or Knit Picks.


Second place goes to doclegs with 82 squares. For this effort, I will be sending 3 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun Baby in pink to her. Please send me your address.

Now, here is where you guys come in. I am going to post a list of everyone who posted squares and a poll (the poll will be on the LJ site). Check out all the squares and vote for you favorite contributor. The poll results will not be public, so no one will know who is in the lead but the mods (I think I can make that work) and the winner will receive 3 balls of LB Homespun Baby.

Contest Participants and final numbers*:
treehugger06 - 120
doclegs - 82
jpettibone - 43
Venka - 43
eowyn_ulysses - 25
Priscilla - 23
snoopingmother - 21
craftyone - 16
Little Knittin Kitten - 14
gypsyamaranta - 13
zortified - 6
nehnhaa - 5
zipper208 - 3

**Please note if you are not on that list then the post wasn't tagged as required. Sorry.

Including the squares that Jorie and I posted, we have a total of 438 squares!!! Each blanket takes 49 squares so that is just short of 9 blankets. That is 8 people who will be warm because we cared enough to spend our time and yarn stash on making a blanket for them. And because we worked together as a community to do it. I can not tell you how happy and proud I am to be part of a community who gives that much time and energy in just one month! Thank you all for your time, encouragement of others and support this month. You are all winners in my book and if I could afford to I would send something to all of you.

*Please note if you are not on that list then the post wasn't tagged as required. Sorry.
**for WUA - I didn't tag in my tallies which squares were for what, so we are using it for the math here.

No comments: