Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Friday, October 12, 2007

Soaring Eagles Project

I just wanted to let everyone know that Rachel, aka the Procrastiknitter, is starting to organize the Soaring Eagles project again this year. She is looking for mittens and socks or slippers, although she is still deciding about sizes. The mittens may go to the younger children and the socks to the older children, or we may make both for everyone. (If you read the blog, the last sentence will make more sense!) This was one of my favorite charities last year, so I am very excited that we are doing it again. I think I like it because it is a small scale project (there are only 300 students at her school) and so it feels very immediate to me. Also, if any of you are on Ravelry, there is now a Soaring Eagles group over there as well.

This project has also reminded me of a post I wrote just about a year ago that lists sizes for hats, mittens and scarves for toddlers through adults. I thought I would link to it here because some of you might find it useful. If I have time today, I would like to edit it to add sock sizes as well.

1 comment:

Real Life Mad Man said...

Great! Thank you so much for posting this!