Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Tuesday, August 12, 2008

more for charity!


This whole "crating through the Olympics" thing has really done wonders for my speed crafting! I've gotten through this scarf you see here, plus these six more squares for Warming Omaha.

And then there's these four scarves. They'll also go to my mom to be donated at the hospital, but I'm really loving making vertical scarves. I've got a new one on the needles as we speak, and I'm thinking of making some for my Etsy shop for the holidays (obviously not to be listed here!) I love them so much! Great for using up random yarns, and you don't even need to worry about how well they all match if you don't want to, because the whole picture looks great no matter what!

2 comments:

Real Life Mad Man said...

Yowzer! You're on fire!!!!

I have wanted to get into vertical scarves for awhile. I like how they look! :)

Anonymous said...

vertical scarves are great! i have a basket that's got a ton of random yarns in it, and while we've watched gymnastics i've just grabbed yarn after yarn and whipped through them! i don't make them too wide, but i make them longer so you can wrap them around your neck twice if you want.