Want to Join??

Want to be able to post your own donations, charities, warm fuzzy thoughts? Email us at homespunhelpers@gmail.com

Add yourself to our Frappr Map!


Sunday, January 17, 2010

a 2-part post

Hi everyone!

We're halfway through the first month of 2010 already. That's pretty crazy. But, in addition to it being crazy, it's also time for us to celebrate our first star of the month! And that star is: Craftyone, aka Robyn :)

Why is Robyn our star? Well, have you checked out the project she has been working on?

http://www.onehundredhats.org/

I think you'll find it pretty darned amazing. I sure do. Robyn is sharing the wealth by posting her hats to our community so that we can also tally her work.

Way to go, Robyn!

Part two: I am rolling around an idea in my head and I'd like feedback. I'm thinking of seeing if we can team up with some designers of knitting or crocheting patterns. They would make up one design for us so that we could sell items and raise money for charity. There are a lot of situations, like the current on in Haiti, where unfortunately, money is needed more than anything we can do with our needles and hooks, at least for now. I would really like Homespun Helpers to be able to reach out in those situations, still using our hands, but in a different way. The items we would sell would count towards our tally -- I'd start a special etsy shop, probably.

Interested in your thoughts! Let me know 'em :)

No comments: